Meeting w/Francis - 5/2

Today I met w Francis Aguas, Associate Dean of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Professor of Theatre. Michael told me to reach out him because of his background in Theater and queer theory. He recommended some readings I haven't read yet, which would be great, and also to reach out to some theater faculty, Nick Anselmo. Both helpful! The most helpful thing thing he said was to really reframe my PhD and claim my space in my area. I feel like the kind of research I am interested in doing isn't the norm at Drexel especially in solo performance, and I keep trying to reframe myself around Drexel instead of reframing Drexel around me, which is what I should be doing. I mean I actually haven't done a performance since 2021, not that I have to because it should be what feels correct but I really need to focus on creating work in order to explore. I feel like I have too many ideas because I am not creating enough so each time I do create it comes out garbled becaus of these "too many ideas." CLAIM my frame while here! Is what I get the Digital media aspect will also manifest. Notes from Meeting with Francis Aguas: READ MORE Body being a public figure - after 911 Iris Young - Queer body Joan Young - Sex and Race in films and pedagogy Joan Scott Jon Demilio Homosexuality and Capitalism https://philpapers.org/rec/YOULBV https://www.jstor.org/stable/1343743 Gotta reclaim my frame the way I shape my program Claim my frame Map out long term plan, everything will manifest in what I am UCLA world arts and culture Will help in crafting my prospectus World arts and cultures Talk to Nick Anselmo, Bill in theater Director of theater Independent study next term Theater of Social Justice Sex and Race in Films and Pedagogy - De-colonizing work Claim dissertation Figure out the path

Comments

Popular Posts