"The Goop"

​ Description:​ The least “made” out of all of them so far, this is also the only piece that is not in the miniature so far. It is created with longer strips of wood to simulate large toothpicks and model magic to look lie gum. The goal is for it to look like a ad hoc oil rig, or as someone like Julia might imagine an oil rig to look like.​ In AR there will be liquid spewing out of the rigs from the ground with a rotating motor that also is in AR. Similar to the Sponge piece, I am unsure as to whether the screen will work so I may build a screen on which to project on this.​ What is it about?​ My original Idea was to be mining the domestic space for 'something" that eventually came to be this bright pink goo. When I think of a domestic space, I think of the space as teaching one to be heterosexual with the idea that something is lurking underneath, this sort of repressed viscous fluid that is queerness and that is what I want to be represented.​

Comments

Popular Posts